Have you heard that Bellingham has more breweries per capita than places like Seattle and Portland?! That being said, Bellingham is a beer enthusiasts paradise! Showing off high-quality craft brews and fun, inviting atmospheres, Bellingham’s breweries are sure to keep you coming back again and again.
Here’s your ultimate guide to breweries in Bellingham (with a couple insider tips from locals):
- Located at 1807 Dean Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 3:00pm-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 12:00pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 12:00pm-7:00pm Sunday
Family-run since 2013, Wander Brewing celebrates traditional styles of craft beer and breaks those traditions through experimental fermentation, barrel-aging, and more. Inspired by the wandering adventures of both owners, the beers and culture at this brewery are rich and undoubtedly unique.
- Located at 1330 N. Forest St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-11:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-12:00am Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday
Named after the king of the jungle, Aslan Brewing Co. creates refreshing brews with the exotic natural flavors that can only come from sustainable, organic processes. You can stop by and enjoy any of their 7 flagship beers, or try one of their seasonal or other options; you won’t be disappointed!
- Located at 1420 N. State St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 4:00pm-9:00pm Monday & Wednesday; 4:00pm-10:00pm Thursday-Friday; 1:00pm-9:00pm Saturday; 1:00pm-7:00pm Sunday; closed Tuesday
Dedicated to providing the community with innovative, high-quality beer, the selection at Structures Brewing is small but packs a big punch. From fruity to sour, there is something to satisfy any palate.
- Located at 1538 Kentucky St. Bellingham, WA 98229
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Monday-Saturday; 12:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
Located near the picturesque Cascades, the Kulshan Brewing Co.’s K2 Brewery serves up pale ales, stouts, porters, and more that are sure to quench your thirst (TIP: with the holidays coming up, be sure to try their “Royal Tannenbaum Christmas Beer;” it’s the most festive beer around!).
- Located at 1009 Larrabee Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 12:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 12:00pm-11:00pm Friday; 11:00am-11:00pm Saturday; 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday
With a bar, beer garden, and fire pit, Stones Throw Brewing Co. is the perfect way to wind down from the day, enjoy a glass of premium suds, and find your next adventure. Both kid and pet-friendly, this brewery is a premier community spot you won’t want to pass up.
- Located at 601 W. Holly St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-Late daily; food service until 9:30pm Sunday-Thursday; food service until 10:00pm Friday-Saturday
With years upon years of craft brewing experience, the founders of Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen have won multiple awards for their fabulous brews. If you want a taste of premium quality with local ingredients and endless passion, grab a lager or ale from Chuckanut today.
- Located at 1107 Railroad Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday; 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday
Serving the community of Bellingham through beer and philanthropic giving, Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro has been a neighborhood go-to since 1995. Stop by and grab a fresh flagship or seasonal brew and take it to their Beer Garden for a BBQ, outdoor concert, or another fun summertime non-profit event; what could be better?
- Located at 104 E. Maple St. #101 Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 4:00pm-11:00pm Thursday; 11:00am-12:30am Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-11:00pm Sunday; closed Monday-Wednesday
After a long work week, there’s nothing better than kicking back on the patio of the GRUFF Brewing Co. and enjoying an IPA, cream ale, or other delicious brew (and as a bonus, you get a gorgeous view of the Washington sunset). With fast and friendly service, this spot cannot be beat.
- Located at 2416 Meridian St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-11:00pm daily
Quirky, fun, and with some of the most original beers around, Melvin Brewpub is an experience. Enjoy a glass of “Killer Bees,” “Heyzeus,” or “Citradamus” while listening to hip-hop or catching your favorite Kung Fu flick. If you’re looking for a “normal” beer joint, look somewhere else!
- Located at 1400 W. Holly St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 10:00am-12:00am daily
Our locals can’t seem to get enough of this awesome spot. “Elizabeth Station is funky,” shares Caprice. Holly agrees, noting “If someone were visiting from out of town…I’d take them to Elizabeth Station first, which is one of the best beer stores out there. As they put it, it’s what 7-11 would be like if it were in the Shire.” No matter what you may be looking for, you’ll find it here.
- Located at 1118 E. Maple St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-2:00am Sunday-Thursday; 11:00am-3:00am Friday-Saturday
What could be better than beer? How about beer and pizza! McKay’s Taphouse & Pizzeria was originally known for its yummy pies, but now serves up 50 drafts and over 100 awesome bottled brew selections. Come on in, grab a slice and a glass, and enjoy all that McKay’s has to offer.
- Located at 3207 Northwest Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 12:00pm-9:00pm Monday-Friday; 9:00am-10:00pm Saturday; 9:00am-8:00pm Sunday
For a spot the whole family will love, check out Hops N Headz. A great beer selection (with the option to create your own flights), big salads, delicious sandwiches, and games like cornhole and darts promise a great night for everyone.