If you and your significant other have grown bored of the same “dinner and a movie” date routine, mix things up at one of Bellingham’s great hidden gems! From crafts to outdoor adventures, below we’ve included fun date ideas to keep things interesting or impress a new love interest!
Here’s a look at 9 unique date ideas in Bellingham to check out:
- Located at 1312 11th St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 10:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday
For a crafty spin on date night, check out Fairhaven’s CreativiTea. Here, you and your significant other can sip on some relaxing teas and select from their wide array of pottery and glass to design your own fabulous functional pieces together. Stop by a few days later and you’ll have a beautiful work of art that will last a lifetime and always remind you of this fun, unique evening.
- Located at 800 Harris Ave. #101 Bellingham, WA 98225
- Click here for a complete schedule of available classes
Another great date spot for artistic couples is local Uptown Art. Here, you can experience hands-on art instruction as you sip and munch on drinks and snacks. Make it extra special by calling ahead and having the Concierge put aside your love’s favorite salty or sweet treats; it’s a wonderful surprise they will never see coming!
- Located at 1220 N. State St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-11:00pm 7 Days a Week
Before heading to a date night concert at the Shakedown, stop by the Racket Bar & Pinball Lounge next door for a bite. Mouthwatering cheesesteaks and falafels will fill you up and their collection of awesome vintage pinball machines will keep you busy until it’s time to rock the night away. For a date to remember, nothing beats this dinner-and-a-concert combo.
- Located at 1121 McKenzie Ave. Bellingham, WA 98229
- Hours: 1:00pm-1:00am Monday-Friday; 12:00pm-1:00am Saturday; 12:00pm-8:00pm Sunday
Gamer couples will absolutely fall in love with the Best Buds Gaming Lounge. With 27 consoles ranging from the original Nintendo to the Playstation 4, rotating beer taps, and quintessential gaming foods like tater tots and pizza rolls, it’s a video game fan’s paradise. If you haven’t brought your significant other here yet, what are you waiting for?
- Located at 1300 Commercial St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 6:00pm-10:00pm Fridays; closed Monday-Thursday & Saturday-Sunday
If you and your date want to explore Bellingham like never before, check out the Commercial Street Night Market. Now in its 4th year, the 2018 series of this event will take place every third Friday of the month from May-September (plus a special holiday market in December). Come out, spend some quality time together, and enjoy the local artists, entertainers, and musicians that make Bellingham such a vibrant place to live in.
- Located at 210 W. Holly St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 12:00pm-6:00pm Wednesday-Friday; 10:00am-5:00pm Saturday; 12:00pm-4:00pm Sunday; closed Monday-Tuesday
Explore how you and your date see the world by checking out Mindport Exhibits. This collection of fine art and handcrafted interactive exhibits encourages you to play, think, question, and observe as you travel through the space’s various areas. Sparking wonder and creativity, this spot is the perfect go-to for any first date ice-breaker.
- Located at 1208 Bay St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Click here for a complete list of shows and showtimes
Looking for a good laugh? Then look no further than the Upfront Theatre. This spot features live improv comedy every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. From locals to world-renowned improv stars, the Upfront is ideal for those couples who are just looking for a fun and simple way to spend an evening out of the house.
- Located at 1421 North State St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Daily (For Members: 24/7 Access)
Sporty couples will definitely want to consider a date night at Vital Climbing Gym. This spot specializes in bouldering and their intensely supportive community vibe will keep you coming back again and again. With fun events like their Couples Bouldering Competition, it’s the perfect way to work out, build trust in your relationship, and have a great time together.
- Locations vary based on trip (click here to learn more)
- Dates and times vary based on trip (click here for a look at all available trips)
Enjoy a quiet island getaway in your own backyard with Moondance Sea Kayak Adventures. Choose one of their half-day, full-day, evening, or multi-day adventures, learn the ins and outs of kayaking from a seasoned guide, and bask in the natural beauty that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. For a spontaneous twist to any dull date night, these trips are the way to go.